• About us
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Login
NewsPeg Magazine logo
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • Business
    • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Health
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • Business
    • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Health
No Result
View All Result
NewsPeg Magazine logo
No Result
View All Result
Home News

UPDATED: 22 dead, 132 injured in Plateau school building collapse

newspegonline24 by newspegonline24
July 13, 2024
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Plateau State Government has confirmed 22 deaths and 132 injured persons, from the Jos collapsed school building.

Mr Musa Ashoms, the commissioner for Information, said six of the injured were in critical condition.Ashoms said that those injured were receiving treatment in various tertiary health facilities in the state, while the bodies of the deceased had been deposited in the mortuaries..

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that a two-storey building of Saints Academy, a secondary and primary school located at Busa-Buji community of Jos North Local Area, had collapsed , trapping students, teachers and others.

The incident occured at about 8:30 a.m. on Friday, when the students were writing their third term examination.

Meanwhile, Gov. Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau, has described the incident as a tragic and a monumental loss to the state.

Mutfwang stated this in a statement issued by Mr Gyang Bere, his Director of Press and Public Affairs, on Friday in Jos.

The governor, who sympathized with the families of the affected victims, further described the incident as heart-wrenching and unfortunate.

”This is tragic, unfortunate, heart-wrenching and a gloomy situation.

”We appreciate the timely intervention of the search and rescue team, as well as members of the public, who rushed to the school premises to assist in evacuating some of the surviving students and staff.

”I have directed the relevant government agencies, including the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), and Plateau State Emergency Management Agency, to provide necessary support to survivors.

”Words cannot fully comfort the grieving families over their immense loss, so we pray that God will continue to console and uphold them during this difficult period,” Mutfwang said.

Highlighting the significance and broader purpose of Executive Order 003, recently signed into law, Mutfwang clarified that its intent was to safeguard citizens from such disasters.

”The rationale for the executive order 003 is to prevent Jos from deteriorating into a slum, and to ensure compliance with building regulations in line with the Greater Jos Master Plan,” the governor said.

ShareTweetSend
Previous Post

Mbappe’s Shirt Sales On First Day Far Exceed Real Madrid’s Initial Projections

Next Post

Kubwa Building Collapse: Four Rescued as Operation Ends

newspegonline24

newspegonline24

Related Posts

Ministry of Interior launches capacity-building programme to boost inter-agency collaboration and internal security
News

Ministry of Interior launches capacity-building programme to boost inter-agency collaboration and internal security

February 19, 2026
INEC Unveils 2027 Election Timetable, Sets February 20 for Presidential Poll
News

FCT voters show strong turnout as over 1.5 million PVCs collected ahead of Area Council election

February 19, 2026
Nigerian Navy mourns Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Bello Katagum
News

Nigerian Navy mourns Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Bello Katagum

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Kubwa Building Collapse: Four Rescued as Operation Ends

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Editor's Choice

OPHK cracks terror supply chain, arrests collaborators, neutralises key commander

OPHK cracks terror supply chain, arrests collaborators, neutralises key commander

February 20, 2026
Ministry of Interior launches capacity-building programme to boost inter-agency collaboration and internal security

Ministry of Interior launches capacity-building programme to boost inter-agency collaboration and internal security

February 19, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Imo Monarch Raises Alarm as 22-Year-Old Abandoned Road Threatens to Cut Off Okwuohia Community

Imo Monarch Raises Alarm as 22-Year-Old Abandoned Road Threatens to Cut Off Okwuohia Community

August 26, 2025
NIMC Trains Corps Members for Nationwide NIN Ward Enrollment Initiative

NIMC Trains Corps Members for Nationwide NIN Ward Enrollment Initiative

June 24, 2025
FG Rescues 11 Nigerian Miners Stranded in Central African Republic, Brings Them Home Safely

FG Rescues 11 Nigerian Miners Stranded in Central African Republic, Brings Them Home Safely

August 15, 2025

NAVY CAPTAIN A. MNGUVE UNVEILS THREE INSPIRATIONAL BOOKS IN LITERARY TRIUMPH

May 7, 2025

MEDIA FOUNDATION SEEKS UPGRADED DIGITAL INFRASTRUCTURE IN NIGERIA

4
Maiduguri Beyond the Smoke: Secured By Sacrifice, Reclaimed by Hope

Maiduguri Beyond the Smoke: Secured By Sacrifice, Reclaimed by Hope

3

Easter/Eid-el-Fitr: FRSC Records Massive Reduction in Road Crashes.

2
GSAI TRAINS JOURNALISTS TO INTENSIFY ENGAGEMENTS REVOLVING AROUND INVOLVEMENT OF WOMEN IN POLITICS AND GOVERNANCE

GSAI TRAINS JOURNALISTS TO INTENSIFY ENGAGEMENTS REVOLVING AROUND INVOLVEMENT OF WOMEN IN POLITICS AND GOVERNANCE

2
OPHK cracks terror supply chain, arrests collaborators, neutralises key commander

OPHK cracks terror supply chain, arrests collaborators, neutralises key commander

February 20, 2026
Ministry of Interior launches capacity-building programme to boost inter-agency collaboration and internal security

Ministry of Interior launches capacity-building programme to boost inter-agency collaboration and internal security

February 19, 2026
INEC Unveils 2027 Election Timetable, Sets February 20 for Presidential Poll

FCT voters show strong turnout as over 1.5 million PVCs collected ahead of Area Council election

February 19, 2026
Nigerian Navy mourns Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Bello Katagum

Nigerian Navy mourns Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Bello Katagum

February 19, 2026
NewsPeg Magazine

Newspeg is a General interest Magazine conceived by Nigerian Media practitioners of like minds across ethnic and geo-political divides of the country, for the purpose of creating uniqueness in Magazine reporting in Nigeria and repositioning the country for the needed growth.

Follow Us

  • About us
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Newspeg magazine - powered by Vecrit.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Business
    • World
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Editorial
  • Columns
  • More

© 2024 Newspeg magazine - powered by Vecrit.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In