Troops of Joint Task Force North West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, have rescued 14 kidnapped victims following a swift response to the movement of terrorists in Sabuwa Local Government Area of Katsina State.
According to an official statement signed by Lieutenant Colonel Aliyu Danja, Media Information Officer, Joint Task Force (North West), Operation FANSAN YAMMA, the troops of Sector 2 responded on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, to credible information about the movement of terrorists with kidnapped victims around Madaci Forest in Sabuwa LGA.
Danja said the troops swiftly mobilised to the area and engaged the terrorists, forcing them to abandon the captives and flee into the surrounding bushes.
He said the subsequent exploitation of the area led to the successful rescue of 14 victims comprising six males and eight females.
Preliminary information indicated that the victims had been abducted from different locations within the Dandume, Bakori and Funtua general areas of Katsina State.
The rescued victims were subsequently handed over to the appropriate local authorities for necessary action and reunification with their families.
The Theatre Command said the successful operation demonstrated the responsiveness and determination of Operation FANSAN YAMMA troops to protect lives and deny terrorists the freedom to perpetrate criminal activities across the Joint Operations Area.
The Command reassured residents that troops would continue to sustain pressure on terrorist elements and intensify operations to safeguard communities across the North West.
It also urged members of the public to continue providing timely and credible information to security forces to support ongoing military operations.















