• About us
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Login
NewsPeg Magazine logo
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • Business
    • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Health
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • Business
    • Politics
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Health
No Result
View All Result
NewsPeg Magazine logo
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment Sports

Borussia Dortmund qualifies as they set to take champions league by storm

newspegonline24 by newspegonline24
May 7, 2024
in Sports
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Borussia Dortmund qualifies as they set to take champions league by storm
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Borussia Dortmund are through to the Champions League final after Mats Hummels gave his team a 1-0 semi-final second-leg win over Paris Saint-Germain to send Edin Terzić’s men into the continental final on 1 June at Wembley where they will face either Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.

Leading 1-0 from last week’s first leg, Dortmund were unchanged as they stepped out at the Parc des Princes. PSG coach Luis Enrique tweaked, seeking to make better use of Kylian Mbappé by moving him from a central position to his more habitual place on the left, but the France captain once again struggled to make an impact as Julian Ryerson and Jadon Sancho teamed up effectively. And while PSG toiled, Dortmund nearly took advantage before the break. After Hummels had brilliantly denied Mbappé a shooting opportunity, only a fantastic save from Gianluigi Donnarumma deprived Karim Adeyemi of the night’s opening goal after the Germany international’s pace had proved far too much for the PSG backline.

Warren Zaïre-Emery had scored the goal that earned PSG a draw in Dortmund in the final group-stage game and sent his team through to the knockout stages; the highly rated youngster came close to breaking the deadlock just after the break, but his close-range shot left a post quivering with Gregor Kobel struggling to make up ground. Hummels was not so wasteful when he found space at the back post shortly afterwards, heading beyond Donnarumma from inside the six-yard box to double Dortmund’s aggregate lead. PSG responded with Gonçalo Ramos sending a first-time shot over the bar before Nuno Mendes’ long-distance drive rattled a post. PSG pressed in the closing stages, but Kobel turned a low Mbappé shot aside. The PSG superstar was then denied brilliantly by the Dortmund goalkeeper, who turned Mbappé’s close-range shot onto the crossbar when a competition-leading ninth goal beckoned for the France captain. Fortune then favoured BVB as a Vitinha blast rocked the bar – the fourth time in the game PSG had struck the woodwork – to leave Dortmund within a game of being crowned the 2023/24 European champions.

ShareTweetSend
Previous Post

NEMA Convenes 1st Emergency Coordination Forum Meeting in 2024

Next Post

Court Affirms ICPC’s Power to Investigate, Prosecute Delta State Government Officials

newspegonline24

newspegonline24

Related Posts

NBF moves to integrate professional boxing, unveils reforms to protect boxers’ welfare
Sports

NBF moves to integrate professional boxing, unveils reforms to protect boxers’ welfare

December 17, 2025
Giant Gee Boss, Amb. Chigbolu, Says All Is Set For Nigeria–Italy Investment Summit Niis 2025 Rome Business Forum
Sports

Giant Gee Boss, Amb. Chigbolu, Says All Is Set For Nigeria–Italy Investment Summit Niis 2025 Rome Business Forum

November 17, 2025
Stakeholders Condemn Gymnastics Federation President’s Blackmail Tactics, Commend NSC DG for Upholding Integrity
Sports

Stakeholders Condemn Gymnastics Federation President’s Blackmail Tactics, Commend NSC DG for Upholding Integrity

October 14, 2025
Next Post

Court Affirms ICPC’s Power to Investigate, Prosecute Delta State Government Officials

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Editor's Choice

Electoral Forum Highlights Urgent Concerns Over Nigeria’s Electoral Governance

Electoral Hub Raises Alarm As Historic FCT Poll Tests Democratic Credibility

February 21, 2026
ICPC, Ondo government partner to strengthen accountability in local councils

ICPC, Ondo government partner to strengthen accountability in local councils

February 21, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Imo Monarch Raises Alarm as 22-Year-Old Abandoned Road Threatens to Cut Off Okwuohia Community

Imo Monarch Raises Alarm as 22-Year-Old Abandoned Road Threatens to Cut Off Okwuohia Community

August 26, 2025
NIMC Trains Corps Members for Nationwide NIN Ward Enrollment Initiative

NIMC Trains Corps Members for Nationwide NIN Ward Enrollment Initiative

June 24, 2025
FG Rescues 11 Nigerian Miners Stranded in Central African Republic, Brings Them Home Safely

FG Rescues 11 Nigerian Miners Stranded in Central African Republic, Brings Them Home Safely

August 15, 2025

NAVY CAPTAIN A. MNGUVE UNVEILS THREE INSPIRATIONAL BOOKS IN LITERARY TRIUMPH

May 7, 2025

MEDIA FOUNDATION SEEKS UPGRADED DIGITAL INFRASTRUCTURE IN NIGERIA

4
Maiduguri Beyond the Smoke: Secured By Sacrifice, Reclaimed by Hope

Maiduguri Beyond the Smoke: Secured By Sacrifice, Reclaimed by Hope

3

Easter/Eid-el-Fitr: FRSC Records Massive Reduction in Road Crashes.

2
GSAI TRAINS JOURNALISTS TO INTENSIFY ENGAGEMENTS REVOLVING AROUND INVOLVEMENT OF WOMEN IN POLITICS AND GOVERNANCE

GSAI TRAINS JOURNALISTS TO INTENSIFY ENGAGEMENTS REVOLVING AROUND INVOLVEMENT OF WOMEN IN POLITICS AND GOVERNANCE

2
Electoral Forum Highlights Urgent Concerns Over Nigeria’s Electoral Governance

Electoral Hub Raises Alarm As Historic FCT Poll Tests Democratic Credibility

February 21, 2026
ICPC, Ondo government partner to strengthen accountability in local councils

ICPC, Ondo government partner to strengthen accountability in local councils

February 21, 2026
CISLAC, TMG fault FCT movement restriction, warn of electoral credibility risks

CISLAC, TMG fault FCT movement restriction, warn of electoral credibility risks

February 20, 2026
Navy intercepts 500kg cannabis in Lagos, hands over suspects’ consignment to NDLEA

Navy intercepts 500kg cannabis in Lagos, hands over suspects’ consignment to NDLEA

February 20, 2026
NewsPeg Magazine

Newspeg is a General interest Magazine conceived by Nigerian Media practitioners of like minds across ethnic and geo-political divides of the country, for the purpose of creating uniqueness in Magazine reporting in Nigeria and repositioning the country for the needed growth.

Follow Us

  • About us
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Newspeg magazine - powered by Vecrit.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Business
    • World
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Editorial
  • Columns
  • More

© 2024 Newspeg magazine - powered by Vecrit.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In